Saturday, September 11

Finding Hope in Christ - 9/11

For those readers who are not American, this entry may not mean the same thing to you, but we can all take something away from it: we can find hope in Christ. I know the statistics, that those who read this are all over the world, and I have no way of knowing what each person thinks about this event, but I feel that I should share this. Nine Years ago to the day, on Tuesday, September 11, 2001, two planes hit the World Trade Center in New York City, and the attacks lasted from 8:46-10:28 am. Around 2,977 people, along with 19 hijackers were killed, and more than 6,000 were injured.

People from all over the world, families - cousins, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands, fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, friends, the like, have been affected by this event. Today, I thought it important share one man's story about finding Hope in Christ. The man in this video is Christian (of the Mormon branch). Take a look.


On a personal note, 9/11 affected me at a young age. I was in elementary school when it happened. My teacher had put in a science video for us to watch, and we were about to watch it - when we turned on the TV, and it happened to be on a news channel. What we saw... the teacher was in shock and unable to play the video. The teachers were out in the hall, scrambling from room to room, trying to keep the students calm. For a child of my age to be sitting in a room and school and watching someone jump out of a 100+ story building that is in flames changes a child's view on life.

Have I found hope in Jesus Christ? Long ago, and my hope, faith, and trust continues to grow with each passing day. I hope you have found the same peace in life.

Troy Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment